Build Resilience Through Mindfulness
Six Weeks Online Course taught by Devi Kumar
October 4, 11, 18, 25 & November 1, 8
Sundays 11 AM - 12:30 PM PT
Mindfulness helps us become more resilient in the face of stress and challenges and restore a sense of calm and emotional balance in our lives. With resiliency, you can bounce back from stress and effectively cope with adversity.
This six weeks interactive course is designed to offer in-depth knowledge on how to become more resilient through mindfulness by managing difficult thoughts, feelings and impulses. By completing this course, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of why mindfulness really works and learn strategies to neutralize emotional reactivity patterns, cultivate compassion and daily mindfulness practices.
This course is suitable for both beginners and advanced practitioners.
These classes include series of lectures, visual presentations, videos, interactive discussions, and guided practices.
Key Course Content
Lesson 1: Be Present & Mindful - Why? What? How?
- Stress impact on our nervous system and body (Fight, Flight, and Freeze)
- Impact of being in Autopilot mode
- Are we stuck in chronic stress?
- How to cultivate being present
Lesson 2: Neuroscience and Emotional Intelligence
- Neuroplasticity & Mindfulness
- Scientific Research & Benefits to the Brain regions when you meditate
- How Mindfulness Can Help Integrate the Brain
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
What is it? Why it is important? How mindfulness boosts EQ?
Lesson 3: Mindfulness of Body & Emotions
- How emotions register as body sensations
- How do you free yourself from the grip of the blocked energies in the body
- How to build inner resources to recover from being emotionally flooded
- How to manage Pleasant and Unpleasant experiences
- How to meet the discomfort with courage
Lesson 4: Mindfulness of Thoughts
- How thoughts and core beliefs dictate stress reactivity
- What to do when we’re stuck in train of negative thoughts and worries?
- Why thought labeling technique works
- Managing difficulties with RAIN practice
Lesson 5: Mindfulness of Compassion
- How to cultivate Self Compassion
- Strategies to manage Inner critic voice
-- How to develop empathy and happiness through Metta practices
Lesson 6: Letting Go and Arriving in our lives with Mindfulness
- How to let go and revitalize our mind, our emotions, and our body
- Cultivating courageous presence to face adversities
- Developing acceptance & maintaining emotional balance
- How to integrate mindfulness practices in daily lives and manage hindrances